Monday, May 26, 2008

The Island of Bohol

Posted by: Randell

After the rains ended about 17:00, I went out to find something to eat for the day. The first place I tried had several pots of stews that looked good. But when I asked what each was, the appeal left me. One was heart. One was lung. One was stomach. And on, and on, and on. I went next door, and they had some good looking chunks of pork in a dark heavy sauce. I got a plate of that and a serving of rice. The meat was tender and tasty, but it was a bit salty. The rice was great, so I enjoyed the meal even if it was too salty for me.

From there, I went to pick up my laundry. I arrived about 10 minutes too early, but there just happened to be two processionals passing in the area. Each had a drum and bugle corps. One was already down the street, so I could only see and hear it at a distance. But the other was passing just as I arrived. It had lots of young girls in fancy dresses. And people were carrying arches of flowers over each girl. Not sure what the situation was, but it was fun to see and hear.

More @ Randell's Around-the-World Travels
 

© Bohol Blog 2007-2009 | Bohol Blog | Privacy Policy