Monday, July 6, 2009

Bohol, a semi-paradise

Feeling very tired and quite sick (not with the H1N1 virus, though), I took a plane for Tagbilaran, Bohol, last Monday, May 4, for a retreat-cum-vacation. I was met at the airport by Ms. Sol Yu, a former parishioner of mine in San Fernando de Dilao Parish, Paco, Manila, where I was parish priest for 11 years. Sol and her husband, Primo, are very successful rice dealers, and have now decided to live a quieter, though still very productive life by establishing and running a beautiful pension house in Mansasa seaside, just about 3 km from the center of Tagbilaran. The name of the pension house is Villa del Sol, and it sits near the outlet to the sea. It faces the Dauis Church in Panglao Island, which is just five minutes away. Right away, I felt the beneficial effects of the sea breeze, and after just one day I was cured of my cough which had bothered me for more than a month. Even more than the breeze, the easy and familial atmosphere of Villa del Sol contributed to my almost instant recovery. The atmosphere was so tranquil that I could pray near the sea till late in the evening.

Read more HERE...
 

© Bohol Blog 2007-2009 | Bohol Blog | Privacy Policy