Monday, January 14, 2008

Around Bohol

Posted by: dpresident

I woke up at 7:30 this morning. Before heading off to breakfast, I sent a message to Dario, the taxi driver from the night before. He’d agreed to take me on a tour of Bohol, starting at 10 a.m. and ending at the airport at 3 p.m., for 1000 pesos. The huts at Nuts Huts are along the river. The restaurant is on a hill, at the end of a steep set of stairs. Breakfast was a pleasant affair of brewed coffee, vegetable omelette, butter and a warm roll. The roll seemed freshly made. I had Chris contact Sari Manok to request that a boat pick me up at 9:30.


At 9:55, there was still no sign of the boat. I sent a message to Dario requesting that he ask Sari Manok to pick me up if he was waiting at the dock for me. About 10 minutes later, the boat arrived. The boat was no from Sari Manok, but rather from the same company that had dropped me off the night before. Chris was worried that there would be a fight between the two companies if I took that boat but I had been waiting at the pier for Sari Manok for 35 minutes and had no desire to wait any longer. I figured that their lateness was just cause for them to lose my business.

Read more @ experiences and reflections
 

© Bohol Blog 2007-2009 | Bohol Blog | Privacy Policy