Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Star of Bohol

Last week, I said I’ll share the ultimate reason why one should visit Bohol. The above picture is the answer. At least it is the ultimate reason for me. To see a live Philippine tarsier is like a dream come true. After all, they are endangered and they are endemic to the Philippines making it the only country that you can view a live, wild tarsier.

These lil fellas, and I do mean little. They are no bigger than a fist and they are actually nocturnal animals. While I would have loved to visit the official sanctuary, and I do recommend that you try to make it there to see the tarsiers, the group I joined visited one of the many tarsier “viewing” farms scattered around Bohol.

Read more HERE...
 

© Bohol Blog 2007-2009 | Bohol Blog | Privacy Policy