Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A Moment in Paradise

Posted by: Coriander

I witnessed Bohol’s city lights wane into the dark horizon after twinkling goodbye to me. The frothy ripples drawn by the ferryboat we were riding seemed to murmur a song of serene warmth . The ferry seemed just as excited going home as it had been going to Bohol.


A sun-drenched Monday morning welcomed us to Panglao. When I first dipped my toes into the inviting waters of the beach, I figured that if not for the change of environment, things wouldn’t be different from home. Almost everyone from my family was there that it didn’t feel like traveling at all. We brought home with us.

What’s amazing about that reunion was that the only thing I was allowed to do was have as much fun as I could. Those were the ten most memorable days of my childhood when television, computer games, Barbie dolls and Chinese garters had nothing to do with fun. Even though I had the salty wind kissing my sun burnt skin or the constant swoosh of the dancing waves that wouldn’t give us silence, there wasn’t a day I didn’t wear a smile...Read more @ Coriander

 

© Bohol Blog 2007-2009 | Bohol Blog | Privacy Policy